- Arrow keys / swipe (mobile): move tiles up/down/left/right
- Space / press and hold (mobile): wait one turn (will spawn two new tiles)
Your goal: clear the board.
You accomplish this by smushing tiles into others with lesser/equal values. Doing so destroys the smaller tile and weakens (subtracts from) the larger tile by the smaller one's value.
Things to know:
- A new tile will be added if you fail to remove at least one piece on a single turn
- The new tile's value and position are denoted in the sidebar and by the empty grey border respectively
- Occupying the new tile's future position results in a new position being chosen
- There will always be at least two tiles on the board (creating one when necessary)
- Smushing is done from largest to smallest (7 is handled as far as it can go before 3 is considered)
- Mobile gestures are handled once your finger leaves the screen (i.e. press and hold will wait one turn once you raise your finger)
Tile smushing is resolved like so: (a smushing into b i.e. if moving left, a is on the right of b)
|a > b||b|
|a == b||a & b|
|a < b||none|
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.